CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

40 weeks & 5 days....

ok...so now to this morning... I woke up at 2:30am to a contraction...FINALLY!! I stayed up for 30 minutes or so to see if another one came...but nothing. I then woke up at 6am to another contraction...i went to the potty and as i was walking back to bed i felt wet "down there" i felt my shorts and they were wet! So i turned the light on and realized there was a softball size wet spot on my shorts...had my water broken??? I started to get all excited and i showed the spot to jake(poor guy;). We did not want to alarm anyone, so we woke up and got dressed. I peeked my head into our guest bedroom/nursery and told my mom that jake and I were "going out to breakfast before he has to be at work". We really wanted to see if maybe contractions would start or we would get more of a sign that my water actually broke, before we said anything. We went to breakfast and then went to walk (yes...again). I was not having any contractions...but I was still leaking small amounts of fluid. So after walking about 20 minutes we decided to call my midwives nurse. I told her that i was 90% sure my water had broken but i was not having contractions and asked her what to do...she suggested to go to triage...just to be safe and find out exactly what is happening. WHOA boy is this it!!!??? So we come home, my mom is in the shower, and we inform her of what we are doing...she is so excited she starts hollering in the shower :) So right at about 9 am we head to the hospital!!! I have one more contraction while filling out my paperwork at triage. Once we get in there, i put on the lovely gown and pee in the cup for them. The nurse hooked me up on the belly monitors and we wait for Ann (my midwife). When Ann checks me she gently gives me the news that the bag of waters are still in tacked and that i probably just peed a little in my sleep :( She also informed us that i am a full 3 cementers, 90% effaced, and the head is at 0 station. So pretty much no progress since Monday. We called our family to tell them that it was a false alarm, and for my family...it was probably best that they headed home and waited until i was actually in active labor :) Jake was really bummed...i mean really bummed, much more then me...don't get me wrong, i am so ready to meet this person too...but i trust my body and i trust this baby, that when every thing is all ready and lined up that its going to happen :) So thats the latest...no contractions since, family has gone home, jake is back to work and we are just going back to life as before these 2 days of a false alarm :)

4 comments:

lizcannon said...

dang man. it's coming sooner or later :)

lauren and brad said...

You are totally doing the right thing and this baby will be here any time! I can't wait to meet him/her!

So proud of you two...LOVE the belly pics...and love that I can stay posted via blog AND twitter! :)

the woolseys said...

bummer! we can't wait to hear the good news! :)

Jessica Burch said...

Hang in there. You will know when your water breaks especially if it is in the middle of the night, mine broke at 2 am while Andrew was watching Lord of the Rings during a pretty dramatic part, it happened on cue when the bridge blew up. Very memorable, try to embrace the time it goes by so fast one day you are pregnant and the next holding YOUR baby in your arms. Its amazing my prayers are with you!!