CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I totally did a 5K last Sunday....

I've been choosing my words wisely when telling people...cause I figure saying "i totally did a 5k" sounds much more impressive then "I totally walked a 5k" ;)  The past few years my mom has gotten way into walking 5K's and i've been so proud of her....but continued to let that be "her thing"....until her birthday came around and she asked my brother and I to do a 5k with her ON her birthday (March 10th)...well now I had no excuse not to do one!  Jake joked with me all week leading up to it that I should be "training" and with just days leading up to it we realized that my only somewhat athletic shoes I have are packed deep in our storage unit...no I didn't train one bit and thankfully my mother-in-law wears my same shoe size:)  The run was a St.Pattys day theme benefiting leukemia   There were tons of people dressed to the nines in their green gear...tutus, leggings and even a man running in a kilt! Us however just tried to stay unfrozen!  My brother and I would run every once in a while but we mostly just walked right along side my mom making fun memories! We walked it in 46 minutes! We were not the last the cross the finish line...that was our only goal!! HA! :)


a couple of before photos (right after we stuffed ourselves with pizza...should have thought that one through)

walking up to the starting line...
                                  as we past by the start they had bag pipes playing...AWESOME!
                                             mom crossing the finish on her birthday!...
                                                 so proud of her participation medal:)...
after photo with our medals and my brothers green beer:)...


0 comments: