CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Birthday Part two...

So the birthday present from my dad that i mentioned in an earlier post....drum roll please.... A RAISED BED (GARDEN)....I told my dad (i think last fall) that i really wanted to have a garden with veggies and herbs, but i didn't know where to start...so being the horticulturist he is...he got right on it :) he researched and built me a raised bed for my birthday!! He came to town yesterday (he lives over 3 hours, so this was a treat in of itself) finished putting the liner and such in and then we went shoppin' for what veggies we wanted....we got....tomato's, cherry tomato's, jalapenos, bell peppers, potato's, and lots of strawberries!!! YUMMY!! It was so fun and i CAN NOT WAIT until my veggies start growing!! WHO NEEDS THE FARMERS MARKET!! ok i will probablly still go...but not for tomato's, peppers, potato's or strawberries thats for sure!! ;) I will definately be adding lots of posts on the development of the garden so stay tuned!!









5 comments:

Heather Cherry said...

I'm sooooo jealousssssss! Give me strawberries. Go!

EThomure said...

Awwwww!

I can't wait to see you guys! When is the baby due? I love babies, I want to hold one! I'll have to settle for my giant almost 3 year old!

~Christy said...

yeah heather you should totally be jealous...its awesome! ;)

~Christy said...

hey thomures!! if you guys are going to be in town like you usually are, in august, the baby will be about a month old....so they will still be little little...and you can hold the baby lots!!!

Stephanie said...

That's so cool. I love the garden. What a great gift. You look great! I love the belly :)